To ensure you upload a valid set of product data, you can create a list of products in your own PIM system and configure the list afterwards via the Mirakl backend. Choose this solution if you supply a large range of products that comprises many different items.
1. Import Product Data File
Go to “My Inventory” and click the “Import from file” tag (on the menu bar.)
The menu on the right-hand side contains the “Mapping Assistant” tag.
- Upload your own product list as a UTF-8 encoded XLSX or CSV file here.
2. Choose Categories
After uploading the file, you will be asked to select categories.
- Select the column name that matches your product category.
- If you want subcategories, you also need to enter the character you use to separate the different levels.
The same window displays a preview of the uploaded file using the assigned column names.
3. Assign Categories
The next step involves assigning categories. Your chosen categories levels are shown on the left. The format required by Conrad is displayed on the right.
- Use the two arrows in “Root” to automatically assign your categories to Conrad categories with the same name.
- You need to assign all product categories in this step. Any product that has not been assigned a category won’t be imported.
- If you click “Assign”, categories highlighted in grey represent those that have already been assigned. You also see where they have been assigned to. You can unassign categories by clicking the “X” shown next to them.
The advantage of uploading your own product list is that you only need to assign the categories once. You only need to edit existing assignments if you add new products. The system automatically recognises previously assigned categories in any file you upload.
4. Assign Attributes
This step involves assigning attributes.
The “Auto-assign” button at the top enables mapping attributes with the same name. Attributes that don’t match your configuration need to be manually assigned.
System attributes are shown in red. They represent mandatory fields since they are required for creating accurate product master data.
The summary on the left-hand side tells you how many attributes still need to be assigned.
- Scrolling to the bottom of the page prevents you from missing a mandatory field.
The folders shown below the overall attribute arrangement refer to attributes based on the assigned categories. Click on these folders to view and assign individual attributes. This might require completing some mandatory fields like those related to e.g. the energy efficient ratings of TV sets.
5. Assign Values
Based on the mapped values, you now need to assign values. Click the arrows next to the yellow folders to auto-assign values with the same name.
- If you want to view current assignments, or want to reverse mappings, click “Assign” and then “X” to unassign values.
Values that cannot be auto-mapped need to be assigned manually using Drag & Drop.
6. Set Rules
This step allows you to create rules that apply to changing and validating assigned attributes, for instance, the minimum number of characters a MPN needs to contain.
7. Summary and Validation
Finally, we’ve also got a page that shows you a summary of the mapping process. In the case there’s been a problem with an individual assignment, a link displayed below the respective field allows you to go back to any of the previous steps, such as category mapping, to resolve the issue. To do this, you can use the Mapping Assistant at any time.
- Afterwards, click “Import products” to upload your product data.